Advice on care

Advice on care

Will I need to pay for my own care?

Anyone who is faced with having to arrange care for a parent or relative, wants to know whether they will need to pay for their care or will the state pay?

The following useful care funding route map aims to try and quickly walk you through whether or not you would be responsible for paying your own care depending on where you live and offers you links to other pages in our site which help to explain some of the terms in more detail.

Please Note: It is only a quick guide to means testing rules and cannot hope to fully describe all situations and is not intended to offer any advice.

advice on care

Please Note: This is only intended as a quick guide as to whether you may be eligible for State funding or not and is not intended to provide any advice. It also only describes means testing for when residential care or nursing home care is required. It doesn't cover when care at home is preferred and is based only on current 2021/2 capital thresholds. We would strongly recommend that anyone responsible for overseeing someone's care to seek professional care fees advice by requesting a consultation with an experienced and specialist care fees adviser who will guide you fully through all your options.

Contact us

Head Office Address:
Advice on Care
267 Barrowby Road, Grantham,
Lincolnshire, NG31 8NR

Financial News

Our Digital Magazine

To receive every issue of our magazine by email, simply register your name and email address in the form below.

Cookie Policy    Privacy Notice    Disclaimer

The information contained in this web site is for general information only and is not financial, investment or tax advice. It is also subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore restricted to consumers based in the UK. If you would like to discuss a particular issue or generally ask us how we can advise on your particular situation then please contact us.

© Copyright 2021 Advice on Care.